Merge April 2023 newsletter: Winning together
With our first quarter of 2023 now behind us, I’m proud of our progress together. We continue to win and see growth.
In just a few days, we’ll be meeting with Merge customers and partners at HIMSS, sharing how we apply focused innovation to solve our industry’s greatest challenges. Our team is excited – it’s the first time in many years where our Merge imaging business will have its own space.
Tuesdays with Merge
Our Tuesdays with Merge monthly education series will cover a new range of topics over the next few weeks, including:
- Merge RIS/MDM/Dashboards – MDM-Auto Splitting (4/18)
- Merge Cardio – Current and Upcoming Release Highlights (4/18)
- Merge Hemo – Custom Fields (4/25)
- Merge PACS – Workflow Orchestrator 2.0 (5/2)
- Merge Unity – Roadmap / User Meeting Input (5/2)
- Interoperability – Merge VNA Upgrade Process (5/9)
Product update: Merge Universal Viewer
Now I’m going to turn over this next section to our senior product manager Thomas Doherty, to provide an overview of our new update to Merge Universal Viewer.
Merge Universal Viewer (formerly IBM iConnect Access) has undergone a pivotal transformation with version 8.3. We have brought a completely redesigned user interface to the market that is recognized, and being promoted, as our next-generation universal viewer. This next-generation viewer is also acting as a necessary foundation for future technology strategies in imaging.
Our new user interface (UI) has been built off the back of user needs and experiences collected over several years of user market research. Leveraging Design Thinking and the inclusion of sponsor users, our Universal Viewer streamlines clinician processes by enabling rapid review of priors in an intuitive and flexible layout. This ultimately results in expanded capability and productivity with image reviews and real-time collaboration.
We have brought many exciting new innovations to market inside Merge Universal Viewer. This includes:
- Diagnostic quality real-time collaboration
- Native 3D
- 3D interactive segmentation
- Data masking
- Enhanced performance
- Patient data protection through XDS with basic patient privacy and consent
- Image sharing with bi-directional gateways
- Enhanced clinical tools and mouse configurations
- Enhanced CT and MRI SOP class viewing
- Image enablement of patient portals
- Mobile user interface with new tools and features*
- Identity provider integration for multifactor authentication
- Hanging protocols
With these new changes, and all the other great features of Merge Universal Viewer, we have empowered our customers to find new revenue streams, enhance physician and patient loyalties, and gain new, amplified power for managing image viewing, sharing, and enablement.
*Merge Universal Viewer is not FDA cleared for diagnostic use on mobile devices.
Monthly user group
Looking for more ways to engage with your peers, and our Product Management and Support teams? Book your calendars to join our monthly Customer User Group Activities. These are your events, designed by you, for you, with our help.
Our User Group Activities are customer-led monthly meetings that allow you to:
- Discover best practices from your peers and our teams
- Discuss the topics that interest you the most
- Explore and provide input on upcoming product releases
- And more
- Interoperability User Group (Merge VNA, Merge Universal Viewer, Merge Universal Viewer Image Exchange) occurs on the 1st Wednesday of each month
- Merge PACS User Group is the 2nd Friday of each month
- Merge Cardio/ Merge Hemo Office Hours are scheduled once a quarter
Merge Communities is your one-stop resource for information and peer engagement. You can also get User Group Meeting details and register by joining the specific Product Chat Group within Merge Communities.
Live collaboration is always encouraged, but we have you covered if you are unable to attend due to scheduling. We record each User Group session for future playback and store them in the Merative Learning Academy for review at your convenience.
Additional information on the Customer User Groups can be found in the Merge Customer Community. This online portal is where you can stay up to date on program and product announcements, chat and connect with your peers, and download the latest product documentation. You can also access the Merge Support portal to track or log cases.
What’s new at the 2023 Merge User Conference
We hope you’re as excited as we are about the Merge User Conference! We’re planning new additions to this year’s program, including sessions designed specifically for providers and business leaders, as well as some impressive physician speakers.
Save your spot today to make sure you’re able to join us for the numerous educational and networking opportunities we’re planning. Remember, the event is September 10-12, at the Westin Austin at the Domain, in Austin, Texas. See you there!
Save your spot