Merative ™ Social Program Management 188.8.131.52
Merative ™ Social Program Management is now Cúram ™ by Merative™
Merative Social Program Management 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
Welcome to the Merative Social Program Management 220.127.116.11 release.
Full product documentation can be found in the Product documentation and PDFs.
For the latest version of the release notes, see https://curam-spm-devops.github.io/wh-support-docs/spm/release-notes.
A CSV file is attached at the end of this document, which summarizes these release notes.
For information about the supported software and hardware for this release, see the Merative Social Program Management Prerequisites.
See the download instructions for this release at https://www.merative.com/support/spm.
Before running the installer please ensure all files in your Merative Social Program Management installation are writable.
The installation steps are as follows:
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a local drive location.
- Run the Merative Social Program Management installer, which can be found in the INSTALLER folder at that location.
- After installing, the appropriate build targets must be run as necessary for your installation.
Additional installation instructions can be found in the Development Environment Installation Guide.
If you are upgrading from a previous version, the Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Helper contains documentation and tooling to help you to upgrade your Merative Social Program Management application codebase and database to work with your new version of Merative Social Program Management. The Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Guide describes a recommended process for performing application and database upgrades. The Upgrade Helper contains tools to assist you with implementing the upgrade, including tooling to produce a schedule of required migrations for your upgrade, tooling to provide information about database schema changes and tooling to generate initial SQL scripts for applying changes to your database.
To download the appropriate version of the Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Helper, see the download instructions at https://www.merative.com/support/spm.
WorkItem:238195 - Introduce the jsoup library into the Social Program Management application
Jsoup provides helper classes to cleanse HTML documents and strings of malicious code.
Version 1.11.3 has been introduced into the product to improve security. The library is located in the CDEJ/lib/ext/jar directory.
WorkItem:238216 - Update the version of Apache FOP used in the Social Program Management application
Apache™ FOP is a print formatter driven by XSL formatting objects and an output independent formatter. It is used by the Merative Social Program Management XML Server in the generation of PDF documents.
The version of FOP used by the Merative Social Program Management XML Server has now been updated from 2.2 to 2.3. FOP 2.3 contains some bug fixes and a number of improvements.
As a result of this upgrade, the following changes have been made in the Java Development Environment deliverable.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\third_party_version.properties - the versions of the specified FOP related JARs have been updated.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\third_party_version.properties - the version of the specified FOP related JARs have been updated.
The existing avalon-framework.jar file present in previous versions of the FOP deliverable has now been split into two separate JAR files. As a result of this, the following changes have been made.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar - this JAR file has been removed.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\avalon-framework-api-4.3.1.jar - this JAR file has been added.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\avalon-framework-impl-4.3.1.jar - this JAR file has been added.
The changes to the other FOP related JAR files include:
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\batik-all-1.10.jar - new version of the batik-all JAR.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\fop-2.3.jar - new version of the FOP JAR.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\xmlgraphics-commons-2.3.jar - new version of the xmlgraphics-commons JAR.
- CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\xml-apis-ext-1.3.04.jar - this JAR file has been added.
It should be noted that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts to the now removed "CuramSDEJ\xmlserver\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar" should be updated to point to the two newly added avalon JARs as described above.
WorkItem:240504 - Browser Support Update
The following browser versions have been updated and certified for this release:
Case Worker Application Browser Support
- Google Chrome updated to 70
- Microsoft Edge updated to 44
Universal Access Application Browser Support
- Google Chrome updated to 70
- Mozilla Firefox updated to 63
- Apple Safari updated to 12
- Microsoft Edge updated to 44
WorkItem:240505 - Adobe Flash Player version update.
The version of the Adobe Flash Player that has been certified to be used by the Social Program Management (SPM) application has been updated to 31.
WorkItem:240506 - Update the Browser Plugins JRE levels used in Microsoft Word Integration
The following JRE level for Microsoft Word Integration is supported for this release:
- JRE 1.8 u191
WorkItem:240707 - Intake Applications - Rest API - Change IntakeApplicationFormAPI.getFormDetails method to return all fields
In certain scenarios the value of submitOnCompletionInd for an IntakeApplicationType was being ignored. This meant that when clicking "Save and Exit" during a script the user would see the popup allowing them to make a partial submission, which should not appear if submitOnCompletionInd is true.
User Interface Impact
Yes. A popup was appearing where it should not.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in as jamessmith
- Start an application that has submitOnCompletionInd set to true (e.g. Rent Subsidy)
- Click "Save & Exit" during the script
- Choose to save the application
- Verify we are returned to the dashboard
- Resume the newly-saved application
- Click "Save & Exit" button
Expected: No popup appears. Application saves and exits and returns to the user dashboard.
Actual: Popup appears asking whether we want to submit a partial application, save or cancel.
The application now respects the value of submitOnCompletionInd and displays.
WorkItem:240708 - Rest API documentation pages are not being generated by Swagger<br/>
The Rest APIs documentation pages are not being generated by Swagger. An error is thrown during the validation phase of Swagger's build.
User Interface Impact: No
Steps to Reproduce:
- Access the APIs documentation URL: "/Rest/api/definitions/v1"
- An error message is displayed.
WorkItem:240632 - IEG - Concurrent access to list on a page throwing Exception
Previously, in the Merative Social Program Management Universal Access Responsive Web Application, when an IEG script was running for two different users at the same time and a page that contained a list was accessed simultaneously, an error resulted with no way to recover except to restart the JVM. Now, this issue was fixed and multiple users can complete forms at the same time as expected.
WorkItem:240634 - IEG input sanitizing: stripping tags and keeping non-ascii characters
Previously, when a user entered text into the Merative Social Program Management Universal Access Responsive Web Application, it was not sanitized before it was saved. For example, “Merative Social Program Management” was transformed to "Cúram”. As a result, the text was unreadable for languages based on non-ASCII characters
User Interface Impact: YES, HTML Tags are removed.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to a form in Merative Social Program Management Universal Access Responsive Web Application
- Enter a non-ASCII character, i.e “Merative Social Program Management”, into the form.
- Save the form and view the details on the summary page.
- Note that non-ASCII characters are unreadable, i.e "Cúram”
Now, the sanitization mechanism removes the HTML tags only and non-ASCII characters are readable
Before using this information and the product it supports, read the information in "Notices".
CSV Release Notes
This CSV file summarizes the individual release notes documented above in the "Improvements, Resolved Issues and Third Party Updates" section. The individual release notes documented above will be maintained and will reflect the latest version of the release notes from eGA onwards. However, the content of this CSV file is valid on eGA date, but is not maintained after that.