WorkItem: 275797 - Update the version of the Jsoup library to the latest version: 1.14.2
Jsoup is a Java library that is used to work with HTML. It provides an API for fetching URLs and extracting and manipulating data, by using HTML5 DOM methods and CSS selectors.
The version of the Jsoup JAR that is used by SPM has now been updated from 1.13.1 to 1.14.2. This new JAR file contains some minor bug fixes and enhancements.
As a result of this upgrade, the following changes have been made in the Java Development Environment deliverable.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\third_party_version.properties - the version of the specified Jsoup JAR file has been updated.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jsoup-1.14.2.jar - the jsoup JAR has been added into the SDEJ at this location.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jsoup-1.14.2.jar - the version of the JAR has been updated.
Note that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts must be updated to point to the new version of the JAR file as specified above.
WorkItem: 275822 - Update to the Dojo Toolkit library used in the SPM Client Development Environment for Java (CDEJ)
An issue with the version of Dojo used in SPM (dojo-ibm-V1.10.5) has been addressed. This has resulted in an update to the following module within the delivered toolkit:
This change is not impactful as it does not modify any of the externally available Dojo APIs delivered.
Cúram Enterprise Framework
WorkItem: 275823 - Pre-signed Word Integration Applet JARs Certificate has an expired timestamp
Microsoft Word Integration Applet JARs were signed with a signer certificate which had, in it's certificate chain, an intermediate certificate that expired on November 10th 2021. When the intermediate certificate expired, it broke the Word Integration applet solution in Internet Explorer 11, where those signed JARs were being used.
User Interface Impact: No
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login as a caseworker using Internet Explorer 11.
- Register a Person and create a Social Assistance integrated case.
- Navigate to the Contact tab and click Communications.
- Click the menu item to create a New Microsoft Word document.
- Select a Case Participant and click Next.
- Enter a Subject and click Save.
- Issue: Microsoft Word should launch and present the document for editing. Word does not launch and the following error message is shown in the Java Console:
- security: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed
- security: The TSA is not valid
This issue has now been resolved. Microsoft Word launches successfully and presents the Word document for editing when using the Internet Explorer 11 browser.
The Microsoft Word Integration Applet JARs have been digitally signed with a new signer certificate.
Note that the new signer certificate has a different root CA (Certificate Authority) certificate, "DigiCert Trusted Root G4", in its certificate chain.
Customers should ensure that this certificate is in the "Trusted Root Authority Certificates" on the client Windows machine or that the root CA certificate is in the truststore for the Java Runtime Environment used by the Internet Explorer 11 Java Plug-in.
The certificate can be downloaded from here https://www.digicert.com/kb/digicert-root-certificates.htm.