Merative ™ Social Program Management 126.96.36.199 iFix4
Merative ™ Social Program Management is now Cúram ™ by Merative™
Merative Social Program Management 188.8.131.52 iFix4 Release Notes
IMPORTANT NOTE - THIS RELEASE HAS NEW DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
Welcome to the Merative Social Program Management 184.108.40.206 iFix4 release.
This is a cumulative release which incorporates the Improvements, Resolved Issues and Third Party Updates contained in all previous 220.127.116.11 iFix releases. Details of these Improvements, Resolved Issues and Third Party Updates are included separately in the release notes for each of the previous iFix releases. For the latest version of the release notes, see https://curam-spm-devops.github.io/wh-support-docs/spm/release-notes.
Full product documentation can be found in the documentation.
For information about the supported software and hardware for this release, see the Merative Social Program Management Prerequisites.
See the download instructions for this release at https://www.merative.com/support/spm.
Before running the installer please ensure all files in your Merative Social Program Management installation are writable.
The installation steps are as follows:
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a local drive location.
- Run the Merative Social Program Management installer, which can be found in the INSTALLER folder at that location.
- After installing, the appropriate build targets must be run as necessary for your installation.
Additional installation instructions can be found in the Development Environment Installation Guide.
If you are upgrading from a previous version, the Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Helper contains documentation and tooling to help you to upgrade your Merative Social Program Management application codebase and database to work with your new version of Merative Social Program Management. The Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Guide describes a recommended process for performing application and database upgrades. The Upgrade Helper contains tools to assist you with implementing the upgrade, including tooling to produce a schedule of required migrations for your upgrade, tooling to provide information about database schema changes and tooling to generate initial SQL scripts for applying changes to your database.
To download the appropriate version of the Merative Social Program Management Upgrade Helper, see the download instructions at https://www.merative.com/support/spm.
WorkItem:277867 - Update the versions of the Jackson JARs to the latest version - 2.13.2
The Jackson API contains multiple functions to read and build JSON using Java. It has powerful data binding capabilities and provides a framework to serialize custom Java objects to JSON strings and deserialize JSON strings back into Java objects. The Java Development Environment (JDE) and the REST infrastructure use these utilities.
The versions of these JARs have now been updated to a later version. As a result of this upgrade, the following changes have been made in the JDE and REST deliverables.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\third_party_version.properties - the versions of the specified Jackson JARs have been updated.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-annotations-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-core-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-databind-18.104.22.168.jar- new JAR added.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-annotations-2.9.5.jar - old JAR removed.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-core-2.9.5.jar - old JAR removed.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\jackson-databind-2.9.5.jar- old JAR removed.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-annotations-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-core-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-databind-22.214.171.124.jar - new JAR added.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-annotations-2.9.5.jar - old JAR removed.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-core-2.9.5.jar - old JAR removed.
- CuramCDEJ\lib\ext\jar\jackson-databind-2.9.5.jar - old JAR removed.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-annotations-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-core-2.13.2.jar - new JAR added.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-databind-126.96.36.199.jar - new JAR added.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-annotations-2.4.2.jar - old JAR removed.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-core-2.4.2.jar - old JAR removed.
- EJBServer\components\Rest\restlib\dependencyLibsExt\jackson-databind-2.4.2.jar - old JAR removed.
Note that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts to the updated JAR files listed above must be updated.
WorkItem:277913 - Updates to some of the libraries present in Axis 2 and Rampart
Merative Social Program Management web services are based on Apache Axis2. With the Rampart security module of Axis2, Social Program Management web services can be secured for authentication, integrity (signature), confidentiality (encryption/decryption), and non-repudiation (timestamp).
The versions of some of the JARs in both Axis 2 and Rampart have been updated. As a result of these updates, the following changes have been made in the JDE Axis 2 deliverable.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\third_party_version.properties - the versions of the specified Axis 2 and Rampart JARs have been updated.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\axis2\axis2-ant-plugin-1.8.0.jar - version updated from 1.6.2 to 1.8.0.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\axis2\xmlbeans-3.1.0.jar - version updated from 2.3.0 to 3.1.0.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\axis2\esapi-188.8.131.52.jar - version updated from 2.0GA to 184.108.40.206.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\axis2\velocity-engine-core-2.3.jar version updated from velocity-1.5.jar to velocity-engine-core-2.3.jar.
- CuramSDEJ\lib\axis2\xmltooling-1.4.4.jar- version updated from 1.3.2-1 to 1.4.4.
Note that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts to the updated JAR files listed above must be updated
WorkItem:277926 - Update the Google gson JAR file to the latest version
Google Gson is a Java library that can be used to convert Java Objects into their JSON representation. It can also be used to convert a JSON string to an equivalent Java object. A number of areas in the Social Program Management (SPM) product utilize this library. These include Advanced Evidence Sharing (AES) administration screens, the Timeline Calendar and the Smart Navigator feature.
The version of the Google Gson library has now been updated from 2.2.2 to 2.8.9. The new version contains some defect fixes and minor enhancements. As a result of this upgrade, the following changes have been made in the SPM deliverable.
- EJBServer/components/core/lib/gson-2.2.2.jar - old JAR removed.
- EJBServer/components/core/lib/gson-2.8.9.jar - new JAR added.
It should be noted that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts to the updated JAR files listed above should be updated.
WorkItem:277968 - The version of the logging framework used by the SPM product has been updated to Log4j-ibm-220.127.116.11
Apache Log4j is a Java-based logging utility that is used as the logging provider for the Social Program Management (SPM) product.
Two classes in Apache Log4j 1.2.17 were found to be incompatible with some logging configurations and could not be shipped. Therefore log4j-1.2.17.jar has been replaced with log4j-ibm-1.2.17.jar which does not contain the affected classes. The classes which have been removed from the jar file are:
As a result of this upgrade, the following changes have been made in the Java Development Environment deliverable:
- CuramSDEJ/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been removed.
- CuramSDEJ/xmlserver/log4j-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been removed.
- CuramCDEJ/lib/ext/jar/log4j-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been removed.
- CuramSDEJ/lib/log4j-ibm-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been added.
- CuramSDEJ/xmlserver/log4j-ibm-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been added.
- CuramCDEJ/lib/ext/jar/log4j-ibm-1.2.17.jar - This JAR file has been added.
It should be noted that any references in custom scripts and other artifacts to the old 'log4j' JAR file should be updated to point to the new version of that JAR file as specified above. References to the JAR file which is no longer part of the JDE deliverable should be removed.
Before using this information and the product it supports, read the information in "Notices".